Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Word for the Year and Creativity Lesson 5

Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. 
Beginning makes the conditions perfect. - Alan Cohen

Happy New Year! I feel we can restart our lives at any time but there is something about a change in year that provides a good time to start. I am someone who does make resolutions and even re-evaluates them and checks on progress.  Last year I wanted to work on awareness/mindfulness so one of my goals was to not have any library fines. I failed to the tune of $1.20 which my family does make fun of me for thinking of this as a failure. It's not about the money.

Anyway, my word of 2013 is "committed." Committed to:

-Using what I have instead of shopping,
-Living with intention,
-Being healthy and taking care of myself,
-Continuing to learn and challenge myself,
-Doing what I love,
-Playing,
-Simplifying,
-Seizing opportunities,
-Forgiving and releasing,
-Gratitude,
-Reaching out and sharing,
-Gaining understanding and embracing acceptance,
-Mindfulness,
-Being a good grandma,
-Being passionate!


Creativity Lesson 5

“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” William Shakespeare

“A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.” Proverbs xxii 1

 
Assignment #5 – What’s in a Name?


In this assignment, we will explore our names and what they mean to us and other people. You will need to take some time to think about what your name means to you. Did you have a nickname as a child? Did you secretly wish you were named…? What is the meaning of your name? Do you have a namesake? 
 
Outing: Do something that you would never consider doing alone. Go to a movie. Eat out in a fancy restaurant, etc.  

 
Suggested reading:  Anonymous was a Woman by Mirra Bank





1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for more of your lessons. I like this one -- my name I think is old, and now that I am I don't like it at all. I want to go back to a nickname I had as a child but changing at this age -- I'm soon to be 74 -- will be difficult for those around me.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.