Thursday, January 3, 2013

Releasing/Letting Go

I am really charged and excited! "A state of excitement, and it comes like a faucet: nothing comes unless you turn it on, and the more you turn it on, the more comes." This morning I began going through my books. I have a box and a bag ready to take to the library. I'm going to try and sell a few (see list below).

I'm always surprised at how often friends take my cleaning and decluttering to mean that they should be cleaning and decluttering too. To be honest, I'm not thinking about them at all. I am trying not to beat myself up by feeling that I am not getting any closer to my goal of a simpler life. Then I realize that it's still about process and I take comfort in that. Did you know the originally the word comfort meant "to make someone stronger"? (The Dictionary of Words Origins by John Ayto). I also accept that straying from the path is always a part of the journey.

Okay, books are the price listed plus shipping (media rate unless you want it shipped differently). I'll charge you whatever the USPS charges. If you buy , we'll work something out. Books are like new unless noted. Thanks for helping in my journey!

$15.00 books

Abstract in Design in American Quilts by Jonathan Holstein (never opened)
Quilts from the Civil War by Barbara Brackman (never opened)
Liberated Quiltmaking by Gwen Marston

$10.00 books
Vibrant Quilt Collage by Bethan Ash
Quilting by Improvisation by Vikki Pignatelli
Quilting:The Fabric of Everyday Life by Marybeth Stalp
The Found Object in Textile Art by Cas Holmes

$5.00
Collage Lab by Bee  Shay
Taking the Leap: Building a Career as a Visula Artist (revised edition)
Quilting with Manhole Covers by Shirley MacGregor
Scrap Quilt Celebration by Karen Bolesta
On the Surface with Wendy Hill
Machine Quilting with Decorative Threads by Maurine Noble and Elizabeth Hendricks
Machine Quilting Made Easy by Maurine Noble
Free-Style Quilts by Susan Carlson
Uncommon Threads: Ohio's Art Quilt Revolution by Gayle Pritchard (crease in cover; it came that way from publisher)
The Collage Workbook by Randel Plowman

I have two books on sashiko a great one from 1986 by Bonnie Benjamin and Japanese Country Quilting by Karen Kim Matsunaga that I'll sell together for $15. One is projects and the other is designs.






2 comments:

  1. Congrats - letting go of books is especially "hard" ... currently working on posts for December and January Creativity challenges - aiming for next week.

    Enjoy your new breathing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so true but necessary. Cant wait to see your artwork! Hugs, Karen

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.