Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When Life Throws You a Curve

I caught the cold that is making the rounds of the pottery studio on the 16th which morphed into a sinus infection by the 23. I am just beginning to feel like I am on my way to being "normal." This is so frustrating because I had such good momentum and great plans for this month. I hate being ill and having no energy. Now I have to play catch up. I have continued to do creative things like making table runners for gifts, making cards, doing some clay work, etc.

This is the first piece of clay that I have refired with more glaze. I am still not happy with it but it is better than it was the first round. Ben, an resident artist of Clay Space, thought this mask looked demonic. Not my intent at all. I think I will try the design again and see if I can make something that conveys the grief/loss I was feeling. Maybe I will have better luck next time. Embracing the process and looking forward to feeling healthy again. I am a crabby sick person. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Does not look demonic to me.

    I came down with the crud this week. So, far no infection. Just sneezing & such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you don't see "demonic." Sorry you caught the crud. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hugs and be well, Karen

      Delete
  2. It's a good piece! You're never crabby! Hope you are better! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am feeling better. I do get crabby just never with you. Hugs, Karen

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.