Monday, January 14, 2013

New Lecture and Lots of Good News

Thursday I will be giving my new lecture "Quilts in the Attic: Uncovering the Stories Behind the Book" at Pride of the Prairie Quilters' meeting which begins "promptly" at 7 p.m. They meet at the Zion Lutheran Church, 11007 Book Rd., Naperville. This group has always been near and dear to my heart so I am excited to share with them first. This will also help me prepare for being the featured author at the On the Same Page Literary Festival in West Jefferson, North Carolina, in September. Can't tell you how excited I am to be participating. I have also learned that my book is going into its third printing! Life is good!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Karen. Wow, your third printing! That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Still waiting to see if I ever see another dime after my small advance on sales. Good thing it was a labor of love. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations..... you are amazing!!!! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Received your book at Christmas and have read it -- which is inspiring me to write down and document the provenance and legacies of my grandmothers' quilts that live at my house (6-7) ... it will be a year long project for me.

    Kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! You won't regret it and neither will those who she her quilts in the future. Hugs, Karen

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the great presentation at our guild last night. I read the first 2 stories in the book. Small world, I know where the 2nd quilt was made (Leon, IA). It's at Exit 12 off of I35, where I turn (the other direction) to head to my oldest son's college. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the book. I did blog about the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, Thanks! Hope you enjoy! I will check out your blog! Hugs, Karen

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.