Sunday, December 23, 2012

Santa Quilt Done!

I still cannot believe that I finished my Santa quilt. I can thank my soon to be born (due January 4th) grandson. When my sons were growing up, I always thought it would be fun to have seasonal/holiday quilts. Life was to crazy to make that happen. This was part of my thinking when I asked the Friendship Bee to make Santa blocks for me in 1996. I'm thrilled! The rod is not long enough which is why it's not hanging straight and I decided not to move the nails. I'm not sure anyone will notice except me. With my extended family coming for Christmas (15 people this year), I don't have time to go shopping. The quilt brings back such great memories and certainly warms up the living room. Guess I am going to have to start working on the Halloween quilt that I had wanted to make years ago. It just might be done by the time my grandson knows what Halloween is all about. Life is good! I hope it is for you too.

3 comments:

  1. Love the quilt Karen it turned out well! One year I made both of my daughters Christmas quilts and I do not know where the energy came from.

    Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    Bonnie J. Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy Holidays to you and your family too! Hugs,Karen

      Delete
  2. It really did come out very nicely! The perfect combination of memory and holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.