Monday, December 10, 2012

I'm Not Crazy Catalog

The I'm Not Crazy exhibition catalog (50 pages) arrived today! I haven't had the chance to see the exhibit so this is definitely the next best thing and so much better than looking at photos online.  Salli McQuaid did a great job designing and putting it together. Thank you Salli!  It's available through Amazon.com or SAQA's store for $15 (plus shipping if applicable). Hope you'll consider supporting this endeavor. I am so honored to be a part of it.


Description:


"If your life has in any way been touched by mental illness, you will find this art quilt catalog -- and the exhibition -- irresistible. "I'm Not Crazy: Stigma Revealed" chronicles the striking international art exhibition "I'm Not Crazy,"  a powerful international art organization created for the advancement of the textile art form. The exhibition was conceived and curated by Kathy Nida of Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA). The innovative exhibition defines mental illness, exploring visually and viscerally a kind of illness that causes behavioral problems and to which stigma is almost always attached. Internationally-known Quilt Artist Sue Reno juried the exhibition."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.