Sunday, November 29, 2009

Working, working, working


Sorry that I haven't posted. I have been working and the time flies by and before I know it is dark outside which makes taking photos difficult. Anyway, thanks to everyone who encouraged me to redo the owl for my great niece Makayla. I took the owl apart and sewed the part I forgot the first time so now she has a owl-like body. Next I added buttons for the eyes. I'm happy. Gift done! I went looking for an owl book to include with the bag. However, I fell in love with "One" by Kathryn Otoshi. It's a book about colors, counting and bullying. It's won 8 awards. If you're looking for a book for an 4-8 year old, check it out! From the cover:

Blue is a quiet color.
Red is a hot head.
Red likes to pick on Blue.

Yellow, Green, Purple and Orange don't like what they see, but what can they do?
When no one takes a stand, things get out of hand. Until One comes along and shows all the colors how to stand up and count.

This book is too cute!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling this one is definitely going to be a hit at X-mas.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.