Thursday, November 19, 2009

Recycle, Reuse, Play


This piece started out as a journal quilt that I never really liked. However,  I always liked the bleached background so instead of simply throwing it away, I removed all the applique which left me with pretty much a blank quilt. It's been hanging around my studio for more than a year for my muse to give me a clue. Well today she spoke. I took leftovers from one of my dresses, started layering and cutting. Just playing around. I'm not sure if I've stuck a fork in it yet. I feel I need to give it some time before declaring it done. It wasn't as much fun as the dresses but I do like exploring layering and I love making art every day. Hoping I can keep this up long after the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.