Monday, November 30, 2009

Cat's Play





I finished a quilt that I started years ago when I was teaching at a local quilt shop so that I could donate it to the Cat Guardians, a nonprofit, no-kill cat shelter. They are having a silent auction at the
Naperville Art League Fine Art Center
on Saturday, January 9 from noon-4 to raise funds.

I love the fabric I used for the cat. It's all gone now and I'll miss it. It's all hand appliqued and machine quilted. My thirteen year old cat, E.G., was feral. I rescued her from living in a storm sewer not far from my house in Houston. I always credit my dog, Meg, for taming her.  I hope my it will raise some funds and help with the cause. Cats have always been a big part of my life. I've recused many over the years and it has always been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.