Friday, November 13, 2009

What I create with my hands, I give with my heart


It's not easy to create with swollen eyes on antihistamines so I decided to take a pattern I had already created for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative http://alzquilts.org and make it a little different. Both quilts are titled "Hope is as Light as a Feather." My grandmother use to say, "Hope might be as light as a feather but look what little birds can do with feathers." I have made the $1,000 Promise which means I've agreed to raise at least $1,000 for Alzheimer's research by making Priority Quilts. Priority Quilts were named because they must fit into a USPS Priority envelope. I'm really close to the goal so it feels good to be making quilts for the cause again. The buttons on the quilt are made from fimo and were a gift from my friend Kathy Pierpoline for my birthday. I think they add a nice touch to the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.