Friday, February 1, 2013

Creativity Lesson 6- Spirit Dolls

-->
“Art does not reproduce what we see. It makes us see.” Paul Klee

“Life is without meaning, we bring meaning to it.” Joseph Campbell

 Making cloth dolls has always been a fun and different way to play with fiber. If you've never made a cloth doll, now is the time to start! Keep it simple. Have fun!

 
Assignment #6 – Spirit Doll


In this assignment, we will make “spirit” dolls.  Does your doll have wild hair? Colorful clothes? A special name? Remember to have fun and have her reflect your spirit (could it be your secret one?)! Is she made of paper or cloth?  

If you would like a simple pattern for a doll, just email me and I'll send one along. Just note, it doesn't have a face which you have to provide.

Happy creating! 

On a more personal note. Today I learned that my friend Jan Hawley died in her sleep on January 17. It was such a shock. I remember when there were three of us on the Alliance for American Quilts board who celebrated a milestone birthday (50th) together in Louisville, Kentucky. Pat recently and unexpectedly lost her husband. Makes me pause and count my blessings. It also reminds me that life is short and unexpected things can happen so I have to make the most of it. Join me in celebrating all the good things in life.

2 comments:

  1. wow, you are amazing,, how do you keep it all straight? Love making Spirit Dolls... they are wonderful! But not now.. .finishing, have to organize my two pieces to send to you... hugs, v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! Can't wait to see your pieces. Hugs, Karen

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.