Sunday, February 3, 2013

Louise's Journal and Reflections on Life

 Louise Kirby's theme for her journal is "nature studies." We were suppose to right about ourselves so I created a little book (first image) which I added to the beginning of her journal. Next I worked on a few pages. I decided not to finish anything (a recommendation of the organizer of the journal exchange). However, I loved the idea of creating something that connected to another page of the journal. I also wanted to play with words and finally after making lots and lots of lists decided on "grow" and "flow." This was so much fun and just what I needed. Jan's death has shook me up more than I realized. I keep thinking about all the things I wanted to share with her and didn't have the chance. When these things happen, I always look at them as a wake-up call. It makes me reflect on whether or not I am living authentically, doing all that I can to fulfill my potential, both for myself and for the world, am I having enough fun. These were my thoughts as I worked on Louise's journal. Hope she enjoys the pages as much as I enjoyed creating them. And while this is not Friday, Nina-Marie Sayre kindly gives us until Sunday to share in her Off the Wall Fridays challenge. Also if you want to see more of the journals, check out our blog The Sisterhood of the Traveling Journals. My journal is on its way and I can't wait to see it!


4 comments:

  1. OMG - I swear if you mixed media artists keep turning out work so interesting and lovely - you're going to lure me away from fabric - this is love the textured background - but especially the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join us! I promise it will take your fabric work to a different place and you will be happy. Hugs, Karen

      Delete
  2. love the "little bird told me" jounral and the idea of addressing authentically through and with our art!
    sonja

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.