Friday, January 6, 2012
I burned the midnight oil and got it done! The finished size is 24.5" x 20.5"(in case you don't remember it began as a 29.5" square). I've put three different sleeves on it so I can hang it in different directions. I hope the maker of the original piece is pleased. I truly encourage everyone to make time to play and don't be afraid to share. This was an interesting journey for the piece and for me. I am going to call this piece "Rebirth."
There is still time to join in the challenge (see posting for 1/5). I have at least 15 yards of the fabric so there is plenty to share. I'm thinking I will send each person 1/2 yard.
The rules will be simple:
1. The challenge fabric must appear in your finished quilt. After all, that is the point.
2. You can do anything you want to the fabric (dye, stamp, etc.).
3. You must use Rayna Gillman's book, Create Your Own Free-Form Quilts: A Stress-Free Journey to Original Design, as your inspiration.
4. You must take photographs showing your process. I'd like to see at least three and especially photographs of any changes you make to the challenge fabric.
5. If you don't have a blog, send the photographs and thoughts to me and I'll post them here. If you have a blog, then please share it so we can watch and comment on your progress.
I believe in deadlines. They sure motivate me. I'll wait to decide on the deadline once I know how many people want to play. I want to get going so I am hoping to get the fabric in the mail early next week.