Sunday, January 15, 2012

Challenge Fabric Quilt- Day One

I will admit that when I began Rodney Atkin's song If You're Going Through Hell kept popping up in my head. His advice is sound,

"If you're going through hell,
Keep on going, don't slow down
If you're scared don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there."

I've been at this long enough to know that you just have too keep working. The challenge fabric has actually been used four times so far. I was also surprised at how many fabrics I had in my stash that worked. I fell in love with the piece once I added the turquoise. I love words and there are two pieces of fabric with writing on it which also made me happy. I'm itching to work on it so more. I also can't wait to see what everyone else does.

The people listed below have joined me (scroll over their names and you see who is linked to their blog if it isn't apparent on your screen) in this challenge. I have had some people who have asked questions. I just want to remind everyone that January 20 is the deadline to join. I just don't enjoy standing in line at the post office. Deadline to finish is March 1. The rest of the simple rules can be found in earlier posts.

Denise figured out that she does have a blog which she opened in 2008 but never did anything with it. Now she does! Her name is now linked to her blog.   She lives in Canada and mail takes longer so she hasn't gotten the fabric or the book yet. Carol spent yesterday playing with the fabric. Here is what she shared with me, "Well I  painted over some of the fabric--slight mess but interesting mono prints onto other fabric. Then I wanted to try decolorant on black so tried some of that after seeing yours and that was part of my day. Stayed in pjs until after 4.  I am not sure what will come of this.   A process.  It may have to sit for awhile. We will see." I know Marti was playing around with different teas. Martha blogged about her strip sets which are quite impressive. Sherrie is getting her feet wet and shared her beginning baby steps. The fun has begun!

1. Rayna Gillman
2. Kristin McNamara Freeman
3. Janice Paine Dawes
4. Sherrie Spangler
5. Marti Porterfield
6. Denise Frank
7. Carol Esch
8. Mary Ann Mauney
9. Martha Ginn
10. Vivian Helena Aumond-Capone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.