Monday, January 16, 2012

Challenge Fabric Quilt Day 2

Not much got done because we went into Chicago to see my youngest son's new place and eat Cuban food. The restaurant, 90 Miles Cuban Cafe, is quite funky (inside and out) with great food and wonderful murals outside. I thought it so appropriate that our table had an old Singer sewing machine on it. We sat on the patio where an old Cuban movie from the 1960s was playing. It reminded me so much of a movie I saw in Georgia that was made in the late 1950s. After lunch we headed over to Salvage One (60,000 square feet) which is always interesting and provides food for thought. Unfortunately, prices are too high to take anything home. Anyway, too tired to do much on the quilt.

I am pleased that Del Thomas will be joining the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.