Saturday, January 14, 2012
I'll recap the simple rules:
1. The challenge fabric must appear in your finished quilt. After all, that is the point.
2. You can do anything you want to the fabric (dye, stamp, etc.).
3. You must use Rayna Gillman's book, Create Your Own Free-Form Quilts: A Stress-Free Journey to Original Design, as your inspiration.
4. You must take photographs showing your process. I'd like to see at least three and especially photographs of any changes you make to the challenge fabric.
5. If you don't have a blog, send the photographs and thoughts to me and I'll post them here. If you have a blog, then please share it so we can watch and comment on your progress.
I believe in deadlines. They sure motivate me. I've asked that all the quilts be completed by March 1.
The following people have joined me (scroll over their names and you see who is linked to their blog) in this challenge and whining, "What was I thinking!":
1. Rayna Gillman
2. Kristin McNamara Freeman
3. Janice Paine Dawes
4. Sherrie Spangler
5. Marti Porterfield
6. Denise Frank
7. Carol Esch
8. Mary Ann Mauney
9. Martha Ginn
10. Vivian Helena Aumond-Capone