Friday, January 1, 2010

Celestial Bodies


I signed up with Creative Every Day  and this month's theme is "body." I wanted to start my year doing something fun. These dolls were inspired by a doll given to me by my friend Carol Esch many years ago. I love making the faces. This will be gifts and I want to make some that are a little funkier. The plan this year is to play in between making serious art. I feel so incredibly hopeful about this year. Can't explain it. It just feels good! I'm also continuing to clean and get rid of things. This also feels good. It brings a feeling of lightness to the house and it's helping me survive the long, gray Chicago winter days. Trying hard not to give in to the downward pull winter has on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.