Monday, January 4, 2010

Release, Regain, Rejoice

The QuiltArt list has been discussing "the word" that best describes what people want to accomplish/focus on for the year. There have been some great words.  My friend Sherry Boram choose "edit" which I like a lot. Other words have been prioritize, do (popular), work, patience, dance, experiment, etc. Try as I might I cannot decide on just one word. I did come up with three--release, regain, rejoice. I'm calling them my "three r's."

I want to continue releasing. The cleaning out of unnecessary things in my life is making me feel incredible! The energy in my home has changed. The feelings I have about myself are improving.

I want to regain my creativity and time for myself. At the end of the month, I will no longer be involved with the Alliance for American Quilts and its oral history project Quilters' S.O.S. - Save Our Stories. I'm going to continue to say "no" when I don't want to do something. It gets easier and easier.

I want to rejoice in my accomplishments. I want to be happy.

I have been working to get to this place in my life for years. I try hard to embrace process and I have to say that I am feeling like I just might be getting to a finish line with some things. Life is good!

3 comments:

  1. should we skip the interview then? i emailed you several times....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I look forward to seeing what you come up with when you redirect all that energy you've been so generously spreading around and put it into your own work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, Thanks! Jude, glad we have things in process.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.