Friday, January 29, 2010

The Muse Whispered

I have agreed to make a couple of quilts for traveling exhibitions. I have ideas but my muse is keeping the details to herself so I've been struggling. What to do? What to do? I can tell you that if you were one of my students, I would be able to walk you through this. Isn't it interesting what we can do for others? Anyway, I set aside the quilts that I have to make and did some deep breathing when suddenly I had an idea. It actually has the image  I was considering for one of the have to make quilts so I decided to make a 12-inch quilt. Here's my beginning. The background fabric is actually the back of a over-dyed fabric I purchased when I lived in Texas. It began life as a black and white poke-a-dot.  It's hand appliqued and hand embroidered. I'm happy! I'm hoping the flow of this piece will help me over come my struggle with the other quilts.

1 comment:

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.