Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Backyard Inspired Quilt



Whenever I make statements like I did in my post about taking photos and not really needing them got me to thinking. Was this really true? And what could I do if I drew upon photos for inspiration? So I decided to take the photo of the Mexican photo and play with it. After an hour or so, I realized it was too limiting so I went back outside and took more photos. Viewing the added possibilities got me excited! The background for the blocks is an African brocade because the snow in my backyard is covered with animal (squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, cat) footprints and I like the texture. I used the cobalt blue linen I found because it was a nice contrast to the white brocade and it reminded me of the cold. It's just in the beginning stages and I'm having fun! I've also been dyeing wool for another project I've titled "Praying in the Rain." The basement studio is almost clean and organized. It's all good!




1 comment:

  1. those are nice stitched squares. did you get my pics?

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.