Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ira and one of her quilts



This is a photo of my dear friend Ira. Right now she and another friend, Tata, are having an exhibit of their work in Tbilisi, Georgia. I am so sad that I cannot be there to see them and their work. Ira loves to collaborate. The growth in her work is truly amazing. I am also fortunate enough to have been given this quilt which hangs in my bedroom so I go to sleep each night looking at it and wake each morning to this mysterious woman and the love of a dear friend. Who could ask for anything more?

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute! How lucky you are to have such friendship, even though she's half a world away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her and everyone in Georgia. Got to find a way to get back. You're wonderful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.