Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Postmark'd Art New Elements Challenge-Leaves





















The newest challenge was leaves. A 12" by 12" piece that is then subcut into 4" by 6" postcards. I'm so excited that this is finished. It isn't due until October 15. the leaves are each indiviudally made. Some are made from hand dyes. Others are made from commercial fabrics. It seemed too flat so I also added some leaves that were commerical leaf fabric. I did sew details to each leaf. While the bark challenge, caused me to create a tree this challenge was actually inspired by a mask I had made. The Green Man mask was inspired by reading an anthology "The Green Man" edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling. I've never been pleased with my Green Man mask. He did not turn out as in my mind's eye. However, he did make it into several shows. And I do think I will do another Green Man mask and hopefully make what was in my mind's eye. Enjoy! Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.