Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Postcard for AAQI


The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) (alzquilts.org) raises awareness and funds for Alzheimer's research. My mother-in-law, Dorothy, and friend, Ron, both have Alzheimer's. Ron got the disease when he was 50. My mother-in-law is dying the way she most feared. I'm only thankful she is no longer aware of this.

I made a $1,000 Promise which basically means that I promise to raise at least $1,000 for research through the AAQI with my quilt art. At this point in time, I have raised $943.62. It's been a while since I have made anything for the AAQI so I've decided it's time to start making art so that I could fulfill my promise. I seem to do very well with my postcards. I was making a Calla Lily for a quilt and decided to make a postcard too. Hopefully I will be able to report that I have exceeded my goal soon! By the way, the postcard sale is ongoing and a great way to support the cause! With gratitude, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.