Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Connections"






I've been in a mood to finish things. This piece which is called "Connections" (title decided before I even thought about this blog) was started last October on my way to visit my friend Elizabeth Cherry Owen in Maine. It is hand appliqued and hand quilted using pearl cotton. It was unplanned as are so many pieces I've been doing of late. I simply created the background, threw some fabrics together that I thought would work, cut out a variety of circle templates and worked on it while I was flying and in the evenings when Elizabeth and I sat around and talked. I quilted it on the way home from my sister's wedding reception in Fort Wayne, Indiana on Easter. I put the silk dupioni binding and sleeve on while spending a wonderful Friday (April 17) with my friend Barbara Wester. It has a lot of texture which unfortunately doesn't show up in the photo. It feels good to have it done. It is 30" by 18". Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.