Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Collage Reveal- One


You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.  - C.S. Lewis 

In reviewing my journal to revisit what I enjoyed doing last year, I came across the time when I made small pieces of art- cards, collages, ATCs. These were created while my steel cut oatmeal was cooking for breakfast. I had 8 minutes. This occurred after Barbara and I had a day of making things so my dining room was all set up to go. Unfortunately, it couldn't stay that was and my attempts at putting the oatmeal on the stove and going to my studio meant I had a lot of burnt oatmeal so the practice became a great memory.

Well, I have decided to revisit this practice because it helped to to overcome thinking too much. I know myself so doing this on a daily basis was not going to happen so I have committed to Monday nights (reveal on Tuesday) and I am giving myself no more than an hour. Pieces can be create using any medium that inspires me at the appointed time and any size that I think I can finish in the allotted time. Want to join me?

Treasures of the Heart was created using the heat seal iron method by coating collage papers with matte medium. It is approx. 3.5" w by 4.5" h. This collage also makes me feel less guilty about having all the supplies and not using them! A win-win. Are you revisiting any creative endeavor from your past?

2 comments:

  1. Karen, Could you explain the "heat seal iron method by coating collage papers with matte medium" method? Sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! I'll try for tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.