Monday, March 19, 2012

Quilts in the Attic--The French Bed

While I have always loved quilts, I have always wanted to know about the maker or the story behind the quilt. I think that is why I got involved in the oral history project Quilters' S.O.S. - Save Our Stories and why I wanted to write Quilts in the Attic. It is just a little bit of making sure that the disconnect between person and object doesn't happen.

Today I am pleased to be able to share with a photograph from 1979 that shows Janine Janniere (right) who brought to the world French mosaic quilts and Clare (left) who owned the antique store What's It Shop where Janine discovered quilts. This chance meeting and friendship changed Janine's life more than she would ever imagine. You can learn more by reading The French Bed in my book Quilts in the Attic: Uncovering the Hidden Stories of the Quilts We Love.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.