Sunday, June 26, 2011

Prayer Flag- Honoring Las puntadas del alma/Stitches of the Soul

I woke early yesterday and knew exactly what I wanted to do for my Prayer Flag. I didn't quite get it done before I left to teach at the National Museum of Mexican Art in Chicago; a journey I have made about every two weeks for the last three years. We have been known for a while as Las puntadas del alma/Stitches of the Soul. It has been an amazing experience being able to teach basically the same group of women for three years. I thought we would continue, but now our future is uncertain. I made it until six o'clock last night before crying. It makes this Prayer Flag have even deeper meaning for me. If we don't ever get to meet again, I only hope I have given them enough to continue and I know with time the pain of their loss will lessen.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it feels uncomfortable to be in limbo. Hopefully, Los hilos del alma will not become extinct.Sincerely, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been great to belong to Las puntadas del alma/ Stitches of the soul...a great opportunity thanks to Maestra K. MusGrave.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.