Friday, June 24, 2011

Prayer Flag One- Honoring the Light

I cannot believe how long it has been since I shared something. Please forgive. Some big changes have occurred. I let go of a long time friendship that just wasn't good for me. It was not easy. It did open up a flood gate of new work. Unfortunately, so many of the shows or exhibiting opportunities do not want work to be shared. While I understand, it is sad which is why I am so happy about the Prayer Flag Project led by Vivika Hansen DeNegre. Each flag is to be 5 inches by 8 inches. I made this one yesterday in honor of  Nathaniel's (my son) birthday. To me he is a great light. I pray that we all honor the light within each of us and especially those whom we may not like or understand. My hope is to make one flag a day for at least 30 days and share them with you. This one is made from two batik fabrics (the lower one was a table cloth) and three commercial fabrics. I hand appliqued the moon and the words are a rubberstamp I own. Let me know if you join me in this wonderful project.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. Namaste to you, too.

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivika, Thank you. Coming from you this mean a lot. With gratitude, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.