Monday, February 3, 2014

The Funk List

In my journal, you will fins a list of things that I would like to explore when I am in a funk. They are things that I think will help me be playful and hopefully that playfulness will get me out of my funk. It has been a while since I have had to reach into my funk list but today was one of those days. The power went out, the Internet was down, another snow storm is expected, my crow for my sculpture crashed to the floor and shattered, and my dad is going to have hospice when he gets out of the hospital. There's more but you get the idea--FUNK with capital letters.

Playing with Sharpie markers and rubbing alcohol on fabric seemed like the easiest thing to do. I had no real plan. I just started scribbling. I couldn't find the instructions I thought I saved so I just flew by the seat of my pants. I poured the rubbing alcohol onto the fabric, rubbed it a little and left it to dry. The second piece I decided to try iron dry and got a nice plate mark on it. The ideas started to flow! Tomorrow I plan to try less free form and a more controlled drawing. More importantly, once again my funk list saved me. What would be on your funk list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.