Friday, August 9, 2013

Random Thoughts, indigo Over Dyeing and the Life Gives You Lemons Winner

I am the best procrastinator that I know. I get things done just not the things I should be doing. How often do you clean the chair that you work in? I discovered today that mine was totally gross- lots of dust. I feel so much better sitting here writing to you in my amazingly clean chair. Is this really what I should be doing? No. It did make me happy. How do you procrastinate?

This is the last piece I will share with you concerning my last vat of indigo. This piece of raw silk, which I have had in my possession since 1986, was dark beige. I bought it when I was living in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I was going to make a dress out of it until I realized that the color would look terrible on me. I still cannot get over the transformation. It's a really nice blue and the lighter spots are not beige! Yeah!

My houses in memory of my good friend Carolyn Kolzow have been posted on the House Quilt Project's website. Jamie personally delivered the quilts yesterday. I hope they make the wounded military personnel who receive them happy and know that their efforts are appreciated. I have more quilts planned. 

First, I have to say that the entries for my blog giveaway made me hungry. What great suggestions! Thanks to everyone who played and entered. I had to wait until my number generator (my son) got up. I am thrilled to announce that Needled Mom is the winner. I hope she will share how she uses the fabric. I try to do giveaways regularly so look for another one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.