Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Inspiration Struck- No Joking

I was so amazed that my suggested theme, Deck of Cards, for the new round of trades for Postmark'd Art was embraced by more than half the members! This round we are doing the suit of hearts with a joker added. I got the joker! I was so excited because I knew instantly what I wanted to do.  I bought this rubberstamp by All Night Media, Inc. more years ago than I can remember. It took me a while to track it down and I am not even sure the company exists anymore. If I remember correctly Plaid Industries bought them Anyway, inspiration struck and I answered! I am happy with my postcard and it feels good to be done just a couple of days into the trade. Hopefully my playing card will make those who receive them happy. I like the message too! I certainly have had moments lately where I have needed to lighten up. How about you?

I have been asked often why I like making small art. This is especially asked by people who cannot imagine being able to create anything interesting that is small. I think any time we do something often, we get better at it. For me, it is not just about creating but being able to share. By sharing/belonging to exchange groups, I am also exposed to new ideas and different styles. Creating small art is fun, doesn't take a lot of time most of the time and it keeps my creative juices flowing.

This is my contribution to Off the Wall Fridays.

6 comments:

  1. You were right! This stamp is perfect for the joker. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Small art is fun and a good place to learn a new technique - love your work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! That is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Hugs.

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.