Friday, August 30, 2013

Gathering Grief Quilt

I am my own worst enemy when I think too much. In order to get moving on "Gathering Grief," I simply began and let the work speak for itself. I used a variety of textile paints and lots of cheese cloth.

Except for the stitching around the red, I plan to hand stitch the quilt with pearl cotton. If you look closely you will see the beginnings. There was going to be a hole in the middle, but I decided do reverse applique for stability. I actually like the way it looks.

It feels good to working on this quilt. As I work on this quilt, I think about the people I have lost recently and I am thinking about my next part of this series- "Gathering Joy."

I continually contemplate and journal what else I am gathering and whether or not I can create more for this series. I don't think I have been as excited about a series in a very long time.

My sculpture class begins on September 13. I am really excited and cannot wait for it to begin. I am sure I will find inspiration.  Wishing you an inspiring weekend!

1 comment:

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.