Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Overdyeing White-on-White Fabrics with Indigo

When I made my vat of indigo I was so focused on dyeing my ceramic piece that I did not think much about fabric or really prepare any fabric. I decided to keep it simple and just play. I started by over dyeing a few white-on-white fabrics. For the most part, I simply scrunched them in my hand and dipped them into the vat. The one on the left I folded repeatedly. Like how the part that was on top came out but the rest was uninteresting.  I really like how the one with the circles came out. Another surprise was how each fabric took the indigo differently. Tomorrow I'll share my over dyeing of black and white fabrics. I can see more of this in my future. What are you exploring lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.