Saturday, April 13, 2013

Expect Magic and Miracles

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly despairing, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all  I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." -Agatha Christie, An Autobiography

Progress! It has been a busy week with a couple of days of caring for Tom who had knee surgery. (He is doing well.) I have made some progress on the Carol's feather. I so appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. I abandoned trying to make the figure work (she will end up in a piece of art since she keeps calling to me) and have moved it from a piece on loss to a piece on hope. The crow will have the words "Expect Magic and Miracles Everyday" on the piece of cloth it is holding in its mouth which will not be sewed down. The words are also on an alter I created in clay (I'll share tomorrow). Adding some other elements is still floating around in my head. It will be fun to see how this piece evolves. I cannot wait to get started on the feather on the black fabric. It is good to have this to focus on since the days have been rainy and cold. I am in need of spring and green.

I will once again participate in Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Fridays. Hopefully this piece will be completed by next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.