Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ransom Note ATCs

I definitely have typography on the brain. I cannot tell you why I decided to do ransom notes. It simply popped into my brain. I do love cutting up magazines and words. Since Artist Trading Cards (ATC) are small (2.5" w x 3.5" h) it did present some challenges so instead of cutting out individual letters, I tried to find whole words whenever possible. I had a package of six colored background ATCs. I don't even remember where I purchased them and of course, now I want more! I started out doing a fairly traditional ransom note then moved on from there. While ransom notes are usually just words, I decided to use images too to make them more interesting. Today I plan to give them a coat or two of mat medium to seal them and keep the words from falling off. I have made six so far and do plan to make more. I am hoping to trade them with people who want to play with ransom notes. My friend Marie Z. Johansen is game! By the way, Marie has a great typography basket that she made on her blog. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.