Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reflections on 9/11

I have three pieces (including the one shown) in an exhibition called Reflection on 9/11: Ten Years Later by artists in the Fiber Artists for Hope group. Most of the quilts are 9 inches by 11 inches. Be Peace is 11" by 11" because I couldn't get it to work in the 9" by 11" format. Jeanette Thompson, the curator, asked for the piece and I was happy to send it. The quilts are on display at the Meridian Stage, 1932 S. Halsted, Chicago until September 11. This is part of the Chicago Fringe Festival. On September 11, from 11:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.  will be the 9/11 Primer - The Epoch of the Peacemakers. I will be there and hope to see you too! I can't wait to see all the quilts in the exhibition up close and personal. I'm also curious to see if any of them sell. I promise to share about the event and the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.