Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tote Bag Handle Problem

Christmas 2009 I went crazy making tote bags (15 in all).  You can see them in my post of December 1, 2009. For many of the bags I purchased vinyl for the handle. I thought it would hold up better and was worth the extra cost. The bags were a hit. Unfortunately, friends and family who have used their bags a lot have found that the vinyl handles have separated. This weekend I've spent my time trying to repair one friend's handles. This has turned out to be much more of a challenge than I expected. FabricTac glue did not hold which was a huge surprise. I finally used Gorilla Glue but even with it I had to use bulldog clips used it dried. I had a moment of panic when one of the clips got glue on it and resisted coming off. Hopefully the glue will hold it together. I was going to make some more bags (only 1-2, the obsession to make many has passed) but will pass on purchasing vinyl handles.

1 comment:

  1. amir heshmatpour afh holding and advisory is famous Managing Director / Founder at AFH Holding and Advisory , LLC .With your membership you can see amir heshmatpour afh holding and advisory's complete information, and discover who has been doing research about you on the web! Registered users can see what amir heshmatpour afh holding and advisory is up to.so what's you are waiting for just go to - amir heshmatpour afh holding and advisory and being with him.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.