Monday, April 5, 2010


I seem to still be contemplating dresses. Many people have shared that they thought "My Mexican Soul" looked kimono shaped so I decide to try to make one. I took a origami pattern and used fabric instead of paper. I also increased the finished size of the pattern from 7 inches (length) to what I hoped would be 29 inches.  I wanted it to be the same size as "My Mexican Soul." I didn't quite make it but I got close. It's 25" wide by 26" height. I couldn't have done it with out the help of my son, Nathaniel. Folding nearly 100 inches of fabrics was just too much of a challenge for me. Once it was folded, I sewed the openings closed to keep the shape and to be able to hang it. It's just so cool that that sleeve is an actual sleeve (had to sew the top closed) which made hanging quite easy. I do love the fabric I used. It's an old Alexander Henry fabric. I bought it because I loved the faces. Enjoy!


  1. Gorgeous! I want one -- but my size.

  2. I think there is an easier way to make one human size. I think there might even have been a easier way to make on this size. Hugs, karen


Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.