Friday, July 17, 2009

View Outside My Window


I have come to realize that I spend a lot of my time in my head. With all my deadlines lately, I feel as if my head is going to explode. My summer of quietly creating hasn't happened yet. It's all good so I'm not complaining. However, I am stressed.

I love collecting quotes. When feeling stressed, I like to simply select a quote at random (open my book of quotes, close my eyes and whatever quote my finger lands on is it) and distract myself by contemplating on the quote. This morning's quote was "You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all you have been and done, which may take some time, you are fierce with reality." by Florida Scott-Maxwell. Florida was a playwright, author and psychologist who died in 1979. This quote dropped me in my tracks since I am struggling with this very thing. Okay, this was not going to help my stress level. So as I sat not sure what to do next, I looked out my window at my maple tree. Isn't it beautiful? Going to have to figure out how to make it into a quilt. More food for thought but also happy and more relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. I know of what you speak. Your maple tree is beautiful. You don't have to make its image into a quilt. You can just enjoy its existence and let it be :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.