Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Gift

It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.  -Mother Teresa


My friend Barbara will chuckle when she sees this quilt because I keep declaring that I am done making patriotic things only to make something else patriotic. This occurs because I have a brother and a nephew born on the 4th of July and friends that do love the red, whit and blue. Gift giving is about making things that make other people happy. I just try to find a way to make it as much fun for me. I love scrappy quilts so this seems to be my go to when making these kinds of gifts.

This particular quilt was made for my friend Carolyn for her birthday which was in February. It feels good to finally have it done. It is meant for her to use as a lap quilt- wrapped in love to keep her warm on her rainy Oregon days. The quilt is 51" w x 54" h. Generally I make my lap quilts 45" x 60." This one just ended up the way it did. I'll admit to not planning it all out which is also how I operate.

My local quilt shop is closing (I try not to think about that too much.) which forced me to piece the back from fabrics from my collection. I happen to like pieced backs so it works for me and I am really happy that I reduced my stash. I hope that Carolyn loves it as much as I loved making it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.