Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Living Without

We had a bad storm which caused a monetary power blip. It didn't even reset my clocks but it did kill my PC which forced me to use the Mac my husband bought me for my birthday. My son Nathaniel was able to fix my computer so that I could get the files and email addresses that hadn't been moved to the Mac. Learning the Mac has been interesting. It's certainly not perfect but I don't want to ever get to the point where I don't want to learn new things.  In the past, I've been very tied to my computer and I'm trying to spend more time in my studio and less time on the computer. The week I lived without my PC was very productive and caused me to spend four days cleaning my studio. I've revisited all my fabric and donated two 30 gallon trash bags to charity and another bag for my group at the National Museum of Mexican Art (I have not given up in the hope we will meet again.). Having a messy studio didn't use to bother me. It does now. Not exactly sure why. Maybe I'm finally honoring myself and my space.


The Prayer Flag was made on the day of the storm. It honors my 15 year old black cat, E.G. (named after one of my favorite authors, Ellen Gilchrist). Whenever I am upset, E.G. senses it and sits on me and purrs. It's also a reminder for me to lighten up when these kinds of things happen and keep it in perspective. It worked too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.