Sunday, April 17, 2011

Brids and Bees

This month's challenge for Arts in the Cards group was based on the e.e. cummings poem in Just Spring. I created these cards yesterday as the rain turned to snow. Spring in Chicago has always meant to me the cleaning away the salt and dirt that accumulates during our long winter. I decided to work with Stampboard which was new to me. It was a great deal of fun! I stamped the image of the crow onto the board then used the soot from a candle to create the background. Vickie Kammerer gets credit for the idea of using candle soot. However, she used a two step finish (Kylon Kamer Varnish then Matted Finish). I tried just using Krylon Acrylic and it worked just fine. It wasn't shining and sealed in the soot. The background is a commercial piece of paper which spoke to me of rain. I used different rubber stamps to create the flowers. The bee is from a boarder which I cut apart. I hope e.e. cummings and my fellow comrades in art are pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.