Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Indigo Moon

I've been playing so much with paper lately that I began missing working with fiber. These ATCs were a challenge for the Arts in the Cards group. The theme was "indigo." I wanted to do something to honor the huge moon and the coming of spring. I had played around with indigo dying and thought I had enough leftover scraps to make all the cards, but I couldn't find them all so only the first three cards have my own fabric. The rest were done with a batik. I love playing with needle felting (by hand) and I was able to use some of my felt from Georgia (country, not state), too. I used Misty Fuse (a first) on the organza and netting. Definitely will do that again! The moon is done with Beads 2 Fuse and Steam A Seam 2. Beads 2 Fuse are no longer available. I've been hoarding my small stash of them, but to go along with my resolution to "spend it out" I used them and I'm glad I did. This group is wonderful and each challenge makes me stretch a little more because it's such a talented group. I am grateful to be a member. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.