Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hearts for Christchurch

With the devastation in Japan, it is easy to overlook the earthquake in New Zealand. When my friend and fellow Postmark'd Art member, Evie Harris, put out a call for hearts I knew I had to send them. Evie has a blog, Hearts for Christchurch, and I encourage you to make some hearts too.

Digging through things I discovered some wooden hearts I had purchased (can't remember what for) and decided to use them.  Of course, I shared this with my group, Los puntadas del alma/Stitches of the Soul, at the National Museum of Mexican. Together we sent 49 hearts!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Caitlin and I live in Lyttelton, Christchurch. I visited the Hearts for Christchurch display at the Canterbury Museum last Sunday, February 26th, and I received the purple heart that says, "Love Chicago USA Martha". I grew up in the Chicagoland area and immigrated to NZ from there only 3 months before the devastating earthquake, so it seemed only fitting that I got the heart that was a reminder of home :) I searched Evie's blog and finally found the picture of my heart. It mentions you and your group, so I was able to find your blog through that. I just want to personally thank you for your kind creations, and let you know how much the hearts are appreciated here. I will cherish mine for as long as I can, so thanks to you, and to Martha, and the rest who have contributed. Oddly enough, I began to stitch my very first quilt that day, too! Again, much thanks. -Caitlin Metzel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin, Thank you for your kind message. Martha would love to connect with you so pleas let me know how we can get in touch with you. Hugs, Karen

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.