Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lucy Campos


This is Lucy's very first quilt! It's called "Oney and I." Lucy had never even used a sewing machine. I love the details and that she had the confidence to create something that also included herself in the story. Here is her artist statement.

Creating Oney Judge's quilt motivated me to investigate, appreciate and value her existence as well as her culture. I would also like more appreciation and value to the Mexican culture.



Al crear el quilt de Oney Judge me motivo a investigar apreciar y valorar a ella y a su cultura por lo que taubien me gustaria quw apreciaran valoraran la cultura Mexcicana.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And the very first? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing first work. Just imagine what the next will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy thank you for sharing all your hard work your art piece is lovely and the story is depicted very well congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicidades por tu hermoso trabajo ojala que te inspires para volvernos a deleitar con tu arte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, me encanto tu Quilt! Esta lleno de color y detalle. Me gusto mucho el caminito rodeado de sandias. han hecho un trabajo excelente!!! Azucena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, me encanto tu Quilt! Esta lleno de color y detalle. Me gusto mucho el caminito rodeado de sandias. han hecho un trabajo excelente!!! Besos y abrazos, Azucena

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.