Friday, August 14, 2009

Letter from Ronda!

In yesterday's mail was a letter from Ronda! I had written all the women who I interviewed a thank you note and have been in the process of sending them the feedback and comments on their quilts. So I have to admit I have been disappointed that I had not heard from any of them. Getting the letter from Ronda was exciting and still was even after I read it. Written in small handwriting in the darkness of her cell at 1 a.m., she asked me 20 questions. And some of them were down right tough! "If you had to describe yourself in 5 words, what 5 words would you use?" "What thing do you take for granted that you wouldn't have o be able to do if you were locked up in prison?" "Tell me the most beautiful place you have ever been." "What lifts you up when you are down?" I spent more than 3 hours and seven pages to answer her. I also sent her a couple of photos of my recent quilts (she asked). I worry that the answers about my religion might not sit well with her. Time will tell. I knew when I met her that she was going to cause me to stretch and grow and her letter proved that to be true. If you want to read what I posted about Ronda, you can click below on Ohio Reformatory for Women and find info there or check my July 30th entry. For now, I will anxiously await another letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.