Saturday, February 22, 2014

Good Deed and A New Connection

On Thursday while at ClaySpace, a plea went out to fix a broken piece for Clay3 (a national exhibition/competition put on by ClaySpace). Stephanie Lanter's piece, "Invaders," was selected for the show's poster and Stephanie had asked for the piece to be fixed. Since I have been playing with lots of different glues and epoxies and no one else wanted to step up, I did. The piece had eight pieces that needed to be glued. I spent most of Friday working on it and finished today. Last night I had a delightful conversation with Stephanie. Her piece resonated with me since it is all about relationships (i.e. communications) with others and ourselves. When I went to her website and discovered that she is also combining fiber with clay, the connection deepened. Please check out her work. You won't be disappointed.

Several people told me that I was nuts to take on this job. Maybe that is true, but I was able to put it back together. I did this because I know that I would want someone to step up for me if the shoe was on the other foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.