Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How One Things Leads to Another

While working on my power point presentation for On the Same Page Literary Festival, I needed an image for Quilters' S.O.S. - Save Our Stories (an oral history project that I had given more than 10 years of my life) and remembered a quilt I had made. It was for Lynn Krawczyk's 2008 Breaking Traditions Art Quilt Exhibit with the theme "With One Voice." Artists were asked to give voice to all the good in the world by showcasing a person or organization that they felt contributed to making the world a better place. Ninety-four artists answered the call.

As I was looking through the catalog, I was struck by how many people I know now that I didn't know then- Liz Berg, Mimi Holmes, Linda Boone Laird (essay in Quilts in the Attic), Heather Lair (essay in Quilts in the Attic and fellow Postmark'd Art participant), Catherine Lamkin (interviewed her for Q.S.O.S. and have remained friends), Ann Louise Mullard-Pugh (our quilts hung next to each other for the Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece traveling exhibit and I also interviewed her for Q.S.O.S.), Diane Petersmarck (interviewed her for Q.S.O.S.), Bonnie Smith (member of my group CLAW (Crossing the Line: Artists at Work) and a good friend), and last but not least Patty VanHuis-Cox (member of my heARTist Trading Cards group). And while Ami Simms and I knew each other then we are much closer now. It's just too cool.

So I have an image to illustrate all the connections in my life and I took a nice trip down memory lane. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.