Monday, October 22, 2012

Letting Go of Perfectionism

“[Conscious] femininity is taking responsibility for who I am – not what I do, not how I seem to be, not what I accomplish. When all the doing is done and I have to face myself in my naked reality, who am I? What are my values? What are my needs? Am I true to myself or do I betray myself?” ~Marion Woodman

Learning something new requires me to become once again a beginner. This is what I love about taking on pottery/ceramics.  One of the things that I have learned is that I love hand building. These are my first "pods" which I now wish had also been made into rattles (my "new" thing).  I am noisy. I love to laugh. I love to dance when I finally "get" something. I want joy in my life. I want the freedom to explore. Saturday at "Open Studio" came the realization that I am now a member of the Clay Space community. I cannot tell you the joy this made me feel. All my crazy explorations are being embraced not by all but enough people to create wonderful sessions of sharing. I love sharing. I don't want to keep secrets. Art is to be shared and I share it with all my being.  This is not to say that the ceramic community is any better than any other community. I will be so happy to stay outside the politics. I just want to play explore, create, stay true to myself and most of all grow and share.








2 comments:

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.