Saturday, June 16, 2012

One Lovely Blog award

I've been nominated for the One Lovely Blog award by Franki Kohler.
Thank you Franki! Franki loves ginkgo leaves and creates amazing pieces of art using them as inspiration so she's got my heart. She is also the wonderful leader of Postmark'd Art.
 To everyone who visits and leave comments, I am so appreciative.


  In keeping with the spirit of the award, nominees are expected to
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link.

2. Name 7 random things about yourself.

3. Pass the recognition to blogs you enjoy and let them know.
Seven very random things about me:

1. I have lived in  five states and one foreign country--
Indiana, New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas, Illinois and Aruba.

2. I made my first quilt, a baby quilt, in 1973. It had drawings on 
it made with fabric crayons.

3. I keep five different journals and will soon start a six dealing with my garden.

4. It took me five months working nearly every day including Christmas to write my book 
Quilts in the Attic

5. I have traveled to Georgia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan with quilts.

6. I cannot wait to be a grandma.

7. I have been trying and succeeding at not spending much time online. It's amazing 
how much I am accomplishing!

Blogs I love Just to name a few (see #7 above):





5. Every Person is a Philosopher (challenging writing in under served 
areas in Chicago and great inspiration)




 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Karen - You are definitely a very diverse and interesting person. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, You are so sweet and kind. Just yesterday someone asked me why I seem to lack focus. LOL Hugs, Karen

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.